Thursday, July 3, 2014

Hola from Granada!

We are recharging after day four of classes and looking forward to splitting up and going to the students' houses and eating dinner with their families.  This a great opportunity to bond with the parents of the kids and build stronger relationships. The teen camp spent Wednesday at a waterpark on top of a mountain, having a great time bonding with the students. That really helped us turn a corner with students and progress from teachers to friends. That helped us today, despite being tired, to really love the kids and have a lot of fun with them.  It was a highlight for me walking into the school this morning and having students run up to me to say hello and give me a high five. Tonight's dinner will be huge in really cementing our relationships with the students. --Andrew

Personally, I had an amazing time with the kids at the water park. I really connected with a girl named Alicia and her friends. She wanted to talk to me and not just in Spanish but in English.  I got to learn about her family and different traditions they do. This week has been such a blessing in getting to know these kids from another country.
-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment