Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sweet, Simple Things

"I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all."

As I strut through the slender streets of Spain, sweating, yet savoring every single thing, these words of Laura Ingalls Wilder resound in my head.  From gourmet rooftop dinners to the echoing halls and glorious gardens of the Alhambra, from late night helado runs to the raw, real wisdom of friends, I have been continually surprised by the sweet and the simple in Spain. I expect explosive symphonies, but instead I am given a front row seat to a beautiful bilingual singalong. I hope for cymbal crashing change, but in its place the slow song of change gently graces my ears.  I long for words that will shake my bones, but Andrew gently speaks to us of faithfulness. I want to feast on the fattest of foods, yet I am given bread of humble service that satisfies beyond mere sustenance.

Our time here has been full of grace, and we are thrilled to begin camp tomorrow!  We are hoping for smooth transitions, grand connections with the children, rest this evening, and surprising joy! Thank you for you sweet support, which reminds us of the real things of life.

Joys,

Janae

1 comment:

  1. Love these posts! Keep writing. Praying for your time of serving there!

    ReplyDelete